Security of Your Information
We protect your information by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet applicable law. We train our employees in the proper handling of personal information. When we use other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect two types of online information: non-personal and personal.
When you visit our site, we collect the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. In addition, we gather information such as what browser and which version of it you’re using, the type of operating system you have, and which site you came from or advertisement you viewed or clicked on. This device information helps us provide an online experience that matches your device and to manage our online advertising. We may also supplement the information we collect with information we receive from other companies.
In addition to the information described above, we also gather personal information that you provide to us such as your name, address, phone number, Social Security number, income, and email address. This includes any personal information that you submit to us using our website. It also may include any information provided in connection with a website session for a merchant participating in one of our rewards programs, including the identity of any such merchant. We also obtain your personal information from third parties, such as credit bureaus and other consumer reporting agencies. If we have received personal information from you, or have information that is publicly available from other sources, we may use it in combination with the information that we collect online. This information may be used to better tailor or personalize our services and any marketing communications with you, both online and offline.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect about and from you to provide services, to manage our business and to offer an enhanced, personalized online experience on our site and third-party websites.
The information we collect allows us to:
- Recognize you when you return to our site so we can personalize your experience.
- Process applications and transactions.
- Respond to your requests.
- Recognize you and provide account-related benefits and information.
We may also use personal information we have about you such as your email or postal address to deliver advertising to you directly or on third party websites.
How Do We Share Your Information
- Merchants and Other Third Parties. We share your information with merchants that participate in one or more of our rewards programs and other third parties. They may further use and/or share your information with others.
- Affiliates. We share your information with our affiliates, and they may share your information with each other, including information related to your creditworthiness, for purposes of general business analysis or to present targeted marketing offers to you or others, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that perform services on our behalf.
- Legal Requests & Regulatory Requirements. We may share information to comply with, or to allow counterparties to comply with, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; or for the purposes of limiting fraud; or in connection with an audit.
- Sharing of Anonymized Data. We may share aggregated and anonymized data sets including your information with third parties, including but not limited to business partners, service providers, loan purchasers, potential loan purchasers, and among our affiliates. No personally identifiable information will be included in these data sets.
Cookies and Flash Objects
When you browse our site or view one of our emails or advertisements, we and companies we work with, may use Flash objects, cookies, web beacons and/or pixel tags to collect device information and store your online preferences, but they do not capture any information that can be used to personally identify you. The information they gather helps us improve your online experience and may include:
- Time and duration of your visit to our site.
- Pages you viewed while on our site.
- Your response to one of our emails or advertisements.
We may use similar technologies that use device information to help deliver our advertisements and measure advertising effectiveness. We, and companies we work with, may collect your device information when you visit one of our sites or see our advertisements. Compiling and comparing these attributes can create a unique ID for individual devices and can be matched to the same attributes appearing on other sites or mobile applications. Some companies we work with also able may to associate related devices into households based on common characteristics, such as IP addresses.
Companies we work with may place and track our advertisements on third-party websites. We place advertisements where we think they will be most relevant to customers. We place advertisements by developing and using our own marketing segments that may combine online and offline information about our current and prospective customers.
Do Not Track
We do not process or respond to “do not track” signals or other similar signals whereby a visitor to a website requests that it disable collection of information about the visitor’s online activities over time and across different websites.
Notice of Changes
This Online Privacy Statement was last modified on September 12, 2017.